Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Storm Sandy, my humble report

My co-worker in New Jersey called me early this morning (on Skype using his iPad because he has no power in the house and hasn't since the storm hit). We talked about the storm and how they're coping through it all. He said he "never worries about insurance companies paying off." I told him, "It's good to know that after you're gone they'll still be here." I asked him if he was staying warm without electricity. He said, "I have a wood burning blanket at the cabin, but nothing helpful here." We laughed hard!


My friend also told me his wife has been driving all over town looking for gasoline to put in their generator. He said they ran out of gas and everything in the freezer is thawing out. I asked him why he didn't go out and look for gas himself. I got no answer and thought, well it is his second marriage, you'd think he'd learn.

No comments: