Monday, August 30, 2010

A beautiful hike

I hiked up to Sky Pond in Rocky Mountain National Park with the FROGS, a group from my Church. We hiked about four and a half miles up Andrews Glacier Trail beginning at Glacier Gorge Trail head.

We had lunch on a large chunk of granite next to the lake and watched the climbers ascend the 800 foot Petite Grepon. Next to this beautiful spire are the Sabre, the Foil, and the Sharkstooth.

Considering where the trail goes and the terrain it's required to cross, it was nicely improved by the park service. I had not been here in something like 23 years and I don't remember it being so nice. Notice the stone steps going up.

The Loch, a lake on the way up is very scenic and offers good fishing. When we first arrived at this lake we saw an elk standing about 50 feet away from us. I'm looking forward to the next trip with this group.

No comments: