Sunday, August 30, 2009

Boating on Chatfeild Lake

I think I was an unloved child. They gave me drowning lessons. At least they did yesterday. See the smile on Gary's face? Actually, my favorite thing turned out to be the inner tube at 25 miles an hour! Our friends Vickie and Gary invited us down for an afternoon of boating at Chatfield Lake near our house.

Not being the kind of people who turn down fun, we decided to go. It all started with bratwurst. Then Nancy tried out the tube and what do you know, a couple of times, she actually went airborne! I told her to be careful not to drink the water. You know what fish do in it!

A hot summer sun has it's advantages, you don't have to shovel it. Gary took advantage of the warm weather and rode the wake board. After all, it was his birthday! There's a simple secret for long life Gary, get to be a hundred and then be more careful. Watching Gary was really my favorite thing, because I got to drive the boat!

Vickie had exceptional skills at doing her nails on the tube. This is a skill I made no effort to master.

No comments: