Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kentucky Derby

Today is the Kentucky Derby. Churchill Downs, wagering for your favorite horse, and enjoying the beauty of Springtime in Kentucky. It's a fun, exciting time for many people. And don't forget, a horse is an animal that can take thousands of people for a ride! Last year, my horse would've won the race, but he kept looking back for his plow!

A couple of times I went to the harness races. These tracks have changed a lot in recent years. Now they've started putting slot machines inside, so in order to increase the number of bets on racing they've had to increase the number of cards up to 15! Now the purses are higher and there are more horses to run in the "racino." Nevertheless, my luck at harness racing isn't any better than horse racing. I like to follow horses - which follow other horses. You see my problem is I'm an optimist. A pessimist is an optimist on the way home from the track!

No comments: