Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Grocery store politics

Nancy was at the grocery store today. She picked up a carton of eggs and another shopper said to her, "Do you know that the price of eggs has doubled?" She said, "I didn't know that, but I'm sure Obama will take care of it." The man replied, "Sure," with a smirk on his face. And while Nancy is telling me this story I thought about the price of gas and said to myself, "Sure, he'll take of it, like everything else he's promised." I think I'd like to run for President. It's inside work, and you don't have to do heavy lifting.

I'm not going to vote for the better candidate. I'm going to vote for the one who'll do the least harm. I love the story about the candidate who was speaking to a large gathering. Concluding, he said, "My opponent has been stealing you blind for eight years. Give me a chance!"

No comments: