Saturday, August 23, 2008

Balloon festival Chatfield

This morning I got up and walked down to the balloon festival at Chatfield State Park which is just a 30 minute walk from the house. On the way there this motor-powered para glider stole the show as the balloons were filling up. He regularly flies over my house on weekends. I've often thought about getting one of these to commute to work. But now I work from home and they cost about $6,000, not to mention what it probably does for your insurance rates.

They said there were 55 balloons going up today. I believe it. I couldn't get them all in the camera. While it was only a small version of the mass ascension they have in Albuquerque every year, it was still impressive.

A little breeze came up this morning and blew them all away. Oh well. I had hot cup of coffee, a $5 cinnamon roll, and enjoyed the view.

No comments: