Thursday, August 23, 2007

Answer the phone

As I sat watching the little kid from Seth and Noelle's couch, the phone rang. Seth was a little bit pre-occupied and wasn't sure where the phone was located. It kept ringing and ringing and he kept looking and looking. I could see it sitting on the coffee table right in front of me, but I couldn't figure out why he couldn't see it. It's was right there in front of him for crying out loud. "What's up with this?" I thought. I reached for the short stubby little phone and handed it to him, saying, "here it is." All the while I'm thinking, "Are you retarded or something?" Everyone looked at me like, "Are you retarded or something?" and started to laughing at me. It was the baby monitor phone. A one week old baby has a phone! In fact there are two of them. One for him and one for the parents. "What's up with this?" I thought. I think the world is passing me by.

No comments: