Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Training

Last week we enjoyed watching the Rockies get in some Spring training in their new field in Scottsdale. Drew Pomeranz pictured below, pitched well until someone got a hit off him. Then, it looked to me like the next batter had it easy and Drew was afraid to put it over the plate. He did okay though and then the bull pen let the game get out of hand.


Dinger was at the game (the Rocks mascot) and waved to Nancy. He had no interest in me. You'll notice that we had pretty good seats in the shade!  All day! It was 90 degrees and we were happy to be where we were. Last year our team was in the cellar so long it was damp. Who needs a humidor at Coors field?


Craig wore his D-Backs shirt defiantly. Craig was a math major in College, so I explained to him that our team was so poor the players didn't have numbers. They had fractions. Then he began cheering for the Rockies. He asked me later, "If diamonds are a girl's best friend, why does my wife get sore when I go to a ballgame?"

No comments: