Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ankle breaker

This is Butler Wash road. It is very close to where Nancy broke her ankle. She rolled her ankle about 7 weeks ago at the end of a nice hike up to procession panel. For those of you who have been asking, she is on the mend and exercising her foot now. She is in and out of a walking cast but mostly out now. She can't wait to get back to Butler Wash! She's standing over my shoulder and laughing right now!

When we went to the Doc in Blanding, I was cringing at the cost of health care. Of course obamacare doesn't address the costs, only who will pay for it. But I digress. At the doctors, Nancy got an x-ray, a really nice cast, lots of attention, and good medical care. The insurance did pay for it, or will except of course the deductable. Then it dawned on me why doctors wear masks. It's the cost of health care!

For those of you who've been to Bluff before you probably understand the soft sandy soil. It's pretty easy to slip or lose your balance and twist or break an ankle. I wonder if any of those Anasazi ever did this? If so, I imagine it would be life threatening. Doctors are amazing, they cure people faster.

My question is, "Do doctors who treat people for amnesia make them pay in advance?" Paul, what do you think?

No comments: