Sunday, May 29, 2011

TSA and me

Due to my frequent flying, I am in constant contact with the TSA. On one occasion, I went through an X-ray device and they wanted to "pat me down." There was a male "officer" who was patting me down and a lady "officer" who was watching. While patting me down, he stopped and talked on his phone to someone in another place and said to me; "I have to run my fingers through your hair." While he did this, the lady officer nearby was giggling and laughing. When I walked away, it was clear they were very entertained. I wasn't. I just read this article which talks about Texas, and now Utah, attempting to make it a felony for illegal "gropes by the TSA." While mine wasn't illegal, it was certainly humiliating and left me feeling these two people didn't take their jobs seriously. Now, Texas and Utah want the Feds to follow the same 4th Amendment law as local police officers are required to follow.

No comments: