Monday, February 15, 2010

Memory

It's a funny thing, this business of losing things and then trying to remember where you put them. For some reason I have a very hard time remembering names. My Dad however, could never remember where he put the car keys. We would spend all this time looking around for them only to discover they were in his pocket all the time. I used to think he had a photographic memory, but once in a while he forgot to take the lens cap off!

The ability to remember isn't necessarily innate. It can be learned through practice and there are tricks you can learn to do this, but I think it's the practice that let's you hone your memory skills. My cycling instructor is remarkable at remembering names and she is always practicing. I'm working on trying to remember things in advance! Maybe this will keep me out of trouble.

No comments: