Saturday, July 12, 2008

Colorado Trail

Tyler is preparing for his Colorado Trail expedition. Tyler, David, and Paul will be hiking and climbing 14rs for 50 days. On the trail for 50 days from Denver to Durango! After watching him plan, buy food and supplies I realized just how daunting a task this really is. He's doing a great job packing up the food, fuel, and other essentials. "What's for dinner this night," I said, pointing to a bag. "Chili Mac," he replied. Sorry I asked, but I'm sure the tent's vented.


The guys will have 6 or 7 "drop zones" where they will either mail or deliver food for pick up along their 480 mile journey. I asked Tyler how much toilet paper is required. His answer left me wondering. I better check the cupboard, we might be out in a few days!





I remember backpacking with some friends in Arkansas a few years ago. We were constantly bothered by mosquitoes during the first night in camp. Later that night one of my friends saw some fireflies and said, "Now they're coming after me with flashlights!" Good luck guys! Take lots of photos.

No comments: