Sunday, January 27, 2008

Orbit this!

While reading Orbiting the Giant Hairball I realized some new things, some with personal distress and some with laughter. While the book was filled with amusement, I observed something different. Perhaps I would take it a step further.

I think there is a sense in which business requires the help of others... employees. At some point the leadership of business must submit its plans and ideas to the reflections of its people before casting them in concrete. Anyone who is so full of conceit regarding his ideas and abilities as to fail to encourage the remarks of his workers will find himself embarrassed with new difficulties. Is it tested, can it be done, how long does it take, etc. etc? This I have observed.

I have also had occasion to observe that the ego so completely distracts and suppresses knowledge that it declares heaven is useless without its "truth." A great fall is due any company that doesn't regulate its actions by its own conscience and the opinions of its employees along with those who care.

No comments: