Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ice Climbing

Leon and I went ice climbing today. We drove up to Clear Creek Canyon and climbed at the upper falls. The lower ones were pretty wet and soft. The upper falls were wet on the sides and chopped up in the middle. At least the weather was nice and warm. It's supposed to be snowing by Friday, so we'll see if conditions improve.

We met a couple of other people at the climb (old guys like us). They seemed pleased that two older guys like them, were up climbing. I think they admired my antique gear. One of the guys thought I should send it to a museum. We all laughed. I'm just glad the rope was new.


I tried to get my son-in-law Seth to go along. We had some extra gear for him to use, but he's had a bad cold and just wasn't up for it. He's never been ice climbing. Maybe next week Seth.

No comments: