Saturday, September 14, 2013

Time to go fishing

There are three lakes connected with Rainbow Lake. The large upper lake, the middle lake (where we camped) and the lower lake. Below, we're hiking to the upper lake to go fishing.


I told Nancy not to feel disappointed if she didn't catch any fish. I explained that fishing is a matter of timing. You have to get there yesterday. Of course I expected to catch all the fish. However, the opposite was true. Nancy caught all the fish. I just caught rocks, trees, and other nearby obstacles in the way.


Mark caught these fish, two cutthroat trout and two rainbow. We really enjoyed our dinner that night.


Nancy caught this pan sized rainbow in the lower lake. She called me over to remove the hook. I removed it twice, once from the fish and once from my finger!


It seemed like there were lots of rainbow in the lower lake. Fish are like brain food, because they travel in schools!


Once again, Nancy catches another rainbow in the lower lake. Nancy is a natural and I suppose we'll be doing more fishing in the future. Although I remember the Turner's fishing experience. They were out in a boat at dawn. The air was raw. Bugs were everywhere. Mrs. Turner said to her husband, "Tell me again what  good time I'm having. I keep forgetting!"

No comments: