Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hiking and deer

We went hiking yesterday in Roxborough Park near our house. The weather turned nice and the snow started to melt. We hiked the South Trail and saw probably 20+ deer or more along the trail and the road driving up to the park. I suppose if you're a deer, this is the place to be during hunting season! We liked it too.

The rocks in the park were still outlined with a layer of snow and ice from Wednesday's snow. It made for some special scenery.

I saw this fine looking, big buck on the hike. Personally, I could never shoot Bambi's mommy. But her dad, well maybe so. Lucky for this buck to be in the State Park during hunting season. I used to wonder why people go hunting. Then I remembered my last trip. I went hunting with my friend Drew who came fully equipped and brought a half-dozen bottles of bourbon for snakebite. He also took two snakes.

No comments: