Thursday, June 2, 2011

My enthusiastic bike ride this morning

I was so enthusiastic about exercise this morning! I went for my first single track (narrow trail) bike ride of the year this morning on Two Brands Trail. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten how hard it is to stay on the trail when you take a drink of water. I'd forgotten how bad a skunk smells at 6:00a in the morning. I'd also forgotten how you need to get the bike off the trail when you come around a corner really fast and see a girl coming up the trail walking her dog! What I needed was something to announce my arrival.

The trouble in being carried away with enthusiasm is that most of the time you have to walk back! Fortunately this time I didn't crash and rode back without incident. No one was hurt. But I have a new definition of enthusiasm; "Enthusiasm is hope with a tin can tied to its tail." Sounds like politics huh!!

No comments: