Monday, February 28, 2011

A Human Experience

I like what Ken Blanchard said in one of his books, "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience." This helped to transform my thinking. My job is to learn more about God and glorify Him, not love the things and materials of this world and my "human experience." It is after all, fleeting and temporary.

It reminded me of Romans 12:1. "...present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship." and I Corinthians 3:16, "...you are a temple of God and the spirit of God dwells in you."

In 1 John 2:27 the spirit can teach us if we're open to him, and so John writes, "...the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him."

No comments: